2008-07-30

Chinese Food in Flushing

Ever since I went to Flushing for my cousin's party in June, I have been intrigued by the semi-urban neighborhood that is Flushing. It seemed vibrant for all sorts of unexpected reasons: it has a large immigrant population, scores of relatively active activists protesting and lobbying for all sorts of causes, and a couple of streets where there are actually more pedestrians than cars (GASP!). But, not knowing much about that part of Queens (an outer borough of New York City), I was hesitant to go forth to Flushing again. However, it seems the New York Times has come to my aid this time... Aside from the article linked to below, they also have a pretty interesting "Interactive Graphic" that lays out some of the foods available near the Flushing Main St. subway stop (on the 7 subway line). For anyone else who is interested, check it out.

[via NYT]

No comments:

Post a Comment