2008-08-12

Georgia - Russia Conflict

I seem to be admitting my ignorance quite often on this blog, but... I felt like I don't know much about the Georgia-Russia conflict taking place currently in the Georgian areas of South Ossetia and Abkhazia. I figured the best resolution of this would be a nice map explaining everything. Thanks to the Guardian, I found just such a map. You can get to the original map via the link at the bottom of the page (but it is in PDF format). For your perusal, I have put up a JPEG version of it here. Hope it helps you understand the conflict as much as it helped me.

Note: the oil pipelines inset is particularly helpful...


[via Guardian]

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the visual; it does bring a lot of clarity!

    There are some interesting write ups on this subject here:
    http://criticalculture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, indeed. A very nice graphic. I didn't know there was a third break-away region in the South.

    ReplyDelete